Friday 23 February 2007

Blogging Hoodies...

Fellow blogians lend me your ears and eyes as I give you the front page of, ‘The Sun. Cameron and the Hate-Filled Hoodie.’

Read the full story here.

Ok, so why am I showing you this? Well, it is because this image has spent all day looking up at me as I manage the mechanics and fuel the fires of the infernal machine that is LoveToLead.

Resisting the desire to flip straight to the ‘News in Briefs,’ I instead examined this depiction of youth and politics with a LoveToLead eye. And what do you know something occurred to me… this is about love and hate!!!

This is good, for it has temporarily removed from permanent loop within my head the track, ‘When Love and Hate Collide’ by Def Leppard. This is an affliction that has been bothering me since I first learnt of the new topic. In regards to this, thank you for small mercies, no seriously… have you heard the song?!

Anyway I digress, so about this hoodie… At first I thought what a hateful young man he must be helped, all he needs is love. Then I realised that he is already motivated by love not hate! He loves his gangsta morals, his hoodie, his gang and looking cool in front of mates by pretending to shoot the leader of the conservative party! This leads to the intriguing and now required task of somehow quantifying the abstract. How can love and hate be measured? In the words of poets alone I cry… any other ideas?

Sayonara,

Sam.

2 comments:

Sally T said...

The love of image is not really love. It is a misuse of the word. He enjoys his image. He enjoys being 'Hated' by the people he despises. Why does he despise people like us? Probably out of jealousy and frustration. He likely feels that he can never achieve that status in life and therefore he justifies it not by trying to improve his education or get a better job but by denouncing and mikey taking people who have worked hard to get there. In worst cases this does lead to hatred and violence. There is no love here, but that is not to say this hoodie is incapable of loving...He just doesn't know it yet.

Nurse Sandra May said...

I was so inspired by this article, I have written a little something myself over at the Oracle.

I missed your blogging- Glad you're back! Simon mentioned something earlier this week about being labelled a bot.

Bless him.