Monday 26 February 2007

Inspired by this week's question on LovetoLead, the cuddliest member of our team (Jack) whipped us this here 'little quiz of love and hate'. Well, to be absolutely honest, by 'inspired' I mean heavily coerced by me who occupies the (less than) exalted position of being the world's most easily excitable person when it comes to things like this. In fact, I am finding it so difficult to contain said excitement, that I may be forced to finish this introduction without finishing the final sen-

The little quiz of love and hate.

Sum up love in but a single word (or a couple if you have to) - Glandular

Do you think you can ever be in true, unrequited, love? - Yes. Scarlett Johansson still will not return my calls.

Do you think you can ever be in true, unrequited, hate? - No. Though maybe yes if you're in true, unrequited love. I think there's a very fine line between love and hate.

Can you love someone, even if they smell repulsive? Hell… would you even sleep with them? - Oh, controversial. At a whim I'd say no. Hmm...but, if you think about it, you know when you go over your friends house and they have a really smelly dog and they don't notice it because they're used to it? I guess that'd happen. In short, what I'm saying is that I could love a girl who smelt like damp dog if I got used to it. Maybe. Is she hot?

Is it ever possible to buy love? - I think yes because, to many people, the feeling of love is merely a self-created delusion to mask their own selfish needs. Just because I could sit here and judge them not to 'really' be in love, doesn't make the feeling any less real to them.

What would be worse – hating love or loving hate? - Er?

Is that question as ridiculous as it first sounds? - Yes.

Is love an instant, irreversible emotion – or can it develop over time? - (For the record, I am genuinely loving answering these questions! Nice one, Jack!) This one's tough. I don't want to cop out and say both, so I'm going to say it can ONLY develop over time. Love at first sight is a myth dreamed up by Hollywood to get bums on seats. You heard it hear first, folks!


What celebrity do you hate more than any other? - I don't think I hate any celebrities. Oh, wait a minute. I do hate Russell Crowe. With a vengeance.


Which hoofed mammal reminds you most of love…. And which, to you, is the evil hoofed mammal of hate? - Goats, inexplicably remind me of love. To be truthful, my knowledge of hoofed animals is, sadly, lacking. However, my non-hoofed animal of pure hate must be this owl I saw a few years ago. Normally, I love owls, but this one had a head bigger than mine and its eyes actually DID pierce into the core of my soul and steal my dreams. True story.


And do you really think that hoofed mammals, or any animal for that matter, can display such emotions? - Highly debatable issue this. I would probably argue that (seeing as the entire concepts of 'love' and 'hate' are purely human terminology for what is, essentially, animal instincts interpreted through our own sense of self-awareness) they can not. If we ourselves are animals (as we are) is man not guilty of anthropomorphising upon himself? I'm going to claim that as either the most brilliant or the most stupid thing anyone has ever said, depending on your point of view.


Would you physically love someone you hated (just for one night perhaps) if they were undeniably gorgeous? - No, because I could never find someone I hated attractive. Before anyone gets the idea that this is some sort of noble response, bear in mind that I didn't say that I could hate anyone I found attractive.


Are there any songs you once loved – but now hate? - Yeah, there must be. I used to love Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, but then I realised I'm not over 40. 'Silver Star' gives me nightmares.


The end.


Si X x

2 comments:

Nurse Sandra May said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nurse Sandra May said...

Dear lovetolead team,

As I got such a heartfelt email message from Si, I feel the need to respond.

I will do so, tomorrow, when not drunk. Or stupid.

Check the blog.

Will try from work, but may just draft it at work and email. I don't want to get sacked for referring to my company as the third reich.